Investment-cast 4130 chromoly hinge head with Biltwell wordmark branding
Laser-cut 4130 chromoly mounting strap is TIG welded to the ...
- Investment-cast 4130 chromoly hinge head with Biltwell wordmark branding
- Laser-cut 4130 chromoly mounting strap is TIG welded to the cast head
- Raw investment-cast steel seat hinge bung welds onto frame for installation
- Seat hinge bung features press-fit bronze bushings for smooth operation
- Chrome plated grade-8 shoulder bolt for smoother pivot action
- Black electroplated finish after welding for rugged good looks
The Biltwell Macho Negro ('cause it is tough and black) seat pivot features a cast head and chromoly body giving the ultimate in style and durability. The Biltwell seat bracket is engineered to fit the mounting studs on most solo seats and features two long slots for adjustability. This seat hinge is used to mount the front of your sprung solo seat to the backbone of your motorcycle frame. The rear of the motorbike seat is support by seat springs, and this pivot allows for your seat to move, giving your body some suspension, as you ride down the road.
It's rugged black electroplated finish looks great as is, or you can abrade the surface with a sandblaster or steel wool for custom painting. The accompanying pivot bracket is left unfinished so it can be welded to the backbone of your frame without special preparation. An allen cap bolt threads into the opposite side of the bracket, creating an efficient and durable hinge pin.